By Tristan Cablay
Breakfast is the most difficult meal of the day for me! In the midst of the crazy, sometimes it’s hard to remember to feed myself. If you are like me, easy breakfast ideas sound like heaven! Because in my household, when I don’t plan breakfast beforehand… cereal or granola bar on the go it is!
Here are some easy breakfast ideas that work:
1) I am a fan of slow cooker prep ahead meals. Why not bring that process into your morning routine? Steel-cut oats are fabulous in the slow cooker! Prep and set. The bonus here is that you will wake up to a fantastic smelling kitchen! I toss in apples, cinnamon, and pecans. Literally, it is hard to go wrong. YUM!
Mix the following together, and set your slow cooker at low. It is roughly 6 hours for firm oats and 8 for a softer texture.
• 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
• 3 ½ Cups of Water
• 1 Cup Peeled and Chopped Apple
• 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
• ½ Cup of Pecans
• 1 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
• 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
• 2 Tablespoon of Butter
2) With all of this gorgeous summer fruit out in the grocery store, I can’t stop buying fruits in bulk. Sometimes we do plow through a ginormous watermelon in one day, but a lot of times we have various fruits left over from one of my many grocery store binges that need to be used ASAP before they go bad! Like I said, I’m in a prep ahead kind of mode this season! I have been freezing all of my extra fruits and using it as snacks (Have you ever had frozen grapes? DELISH!), but the majority of the time I use the frozen fruits into make quick breakfast smoothies!
Blend your frozen fruit with Greek yogurt, your favorite juice (milk, coconut water, or infused water work well too) and blend.
• 1 Cup of Frozen Strawberries
• ½ Cup of Greek Yogurt
• 1 Banana
• ½ Cup of Orange Juice
What are you into right now? What helps you get breakfast on the table- hassle free? Tips? Tricks? The iGoPink girls would love to try your suggestions!