How do I raise funds for iGoPink/The Breast Cancer Charities of America?
Thank you so much for helping BCCA raise funds to continue our program services and help patients with breast cancer!
You have the opportunity to create a team or raise funds individually to support patients with breast cancer. To get started raising funds online, we have shared tips on how to get the ball rolling and spread the news about your campaign. We are THRILLED that you have chosen to show your support and we will be here every step of the way to cheer you on!
Getting Started Tips
1. Set Up Your Fundraising Page
It’s easy to get started and set up your personal or team fundraising page!
2. Personalize Your Fundraising Page
Let’s get personal! Update your online fundraising page to make it your own, to honor a friend or family member, and so that your page is easily recognizable to people that know you and your cause. You can add your own text, pictures, or even video!
Remember, potential donors will be interested in your cause, but they are primarily interested in YOU. Make sure you tell them why you are getting involved, what your connection is to iGoPink/BCCA, and how their donation will help support women with breast cancer – it doesn’t have to be long!
3. Self Donate To Your Page
Make a Donation to your OWN Page. Why? Friends, family and page visitors are more likely to donate to your page when they see that someone has already contributed. Donating some of your own money also demonstrates to potential campaign supporters that your are serious about helping the cause.
4. Update your Facebook profile to show your support!
Share your campaign with your friends, family and followers on Facebook! Simply choose the image or images you like, save the photo, and update your Facebook profile photos.
Idea: Take a group photo with your team, make and snap a picture of a homemade sign asking for support, create a photo collage of why YOU are raising funds for breast cancer, and so much more.
4. Share on Social
Now that you have updated your Facebook page photos, now it’s time to get social! Start fundraising through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and your other social media accounts with these tips:
- Share the news. Post an update that you are fundraising to support women with breast cancer! Be sure to share your fundraising page URL, explain why you are supporting the cause, share inspiring stories, and encourage your family and friends to donate.
- Create a Facebook Event. Setup your own Facebook event page, invite your friends, and post updates on your progress! Learn how to create your own Facebook event by clicking here.
- Tag Your Friends and Donors. Start on Facebook by tagging those that have already donated and thanking them for their donations. When you tag someone your post gets shared in your activity feed and the other person’s activity feed too. This also sets the frame that people are already donating to your page!
- Set Goals. $200 by one week, $400 by two weeks, etc. Use your social media accounts to update followers on your progress towards each goal and ask for people to help you get over the next hurdle.
- Consider Gifts. Offer your own gifts to friends and family who helped you reach your goal. Or provide a raffle or prizes for certain giving levels. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant, just a token of your appreciation.
5. Individually Email 5-10 Closest To You
Ask family and friends for donations! Getting your “inner circle” to donate to your page will help you build up some momentum. It’s also good to start with the people you are most comfortable with. Don’t have their email? Send them a text!
Sample Email Fundraising Strategy:
- Day 1 Email #1: Send 5-10 very close contacts (family and your closest friend or two).
- Day 2 Email #2: Send to 10-15 close contacts (your entire circle of good friends).
- Day 3 Email #3: Send to as many other contacts you feel comfortable sending a message to (co-workers, friends, friends of friends, distant relatives, your address book, etc.).
Thank you so much again for becoming an iGoPink Fundraiser! Remember to have fun and know that your all of your hard work is going to help support women battling breast cancer. Through the generosity of people like you, we can PRESS forward in the fight against breast cancer and continue our program services that focus on Prevention, Research, Education, Survival, and Support. Happy fundraising!