Avoid artificial food coloring and make your own at home! Learn how to make homemade Pink or Red food coloring by using fresh raspberries.
RED (or Pink) FOOD COLORING RECIPE
1. Place 1 cup (or more) fresh, washed organic raspberries into the blender. Blend until raspberries turn into a thick liquid (about 1-2 minutes). If having trouble liquidating, add 2 tablespoons of water and then blend.
2. Pour liquid through a fine strainer to remove seeds. Use spoon or spatula to push through.
3. In a small saucepan, cook on medium low heat (very low boil) until liquid becomes a thick, colorful paste.
4. Add immediately into your favorite recipes.
5. To store, pour into an ice cube tray and place into the freezer for future use.
Stay tuned for more recipes and healthy tips!
Have you joined us for the #iGoPinkChallenge? Download the FREE Health Guide here: http://www.thebreastcancercharities.org/the-igopink-challenge/
Have a favorite recipe or healthy tip? Share it with us on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #iGoPinkChallenge!