By Erica Johnson
Part of the iGoPinkLife’s new concept is a total lifestyle overview. If you’re any type of a girly-girl like we are, we all love fashion in some way shape and form. AND if you couldn’t guess, the favorite color of the iGoPinkLife team is…(drumroll please), PINK! To us, it’s more than a color, it’s a statement…a bold statement not only of fashion but a statement that brings unity to women supporting women; a color that stands for survivorship and a color that evokes happiness.
Each month you’ll be seeing us cap off the month with our “On Wednesday’s We Wear Pink” segment (but to be quite honest, we wear pink nearly 7 days a week around here.) I’m excited to kick off this segment with one of my key secrets to fashionably add pink your lifestyle.
You guessed it, accessories. I’m an accessory nut—from shoes to handbags, jewelry to scarves. There is SO much you can do with accessories without breaking the bank too. Try some of these simple secrets to make your wardrobe pop with a flash of pink:
- Jewelry – there are so many fantastic costume jewelry places out there these days. One of my fav’s is Charming Charlie…tons of great looks that fit any budget. A pop of color or a fun necklace can completely change the look of a simple outfit.
- Handbags – I’m not a fan of changing out purses (I’ll pack one purse and not change it for months) however, when I’m going to a luncheon or out and want to keep basic but add some fun to my outfit, a handbag is a simple way to do it.
- Shoes – my poor husband, thank goodness he understands my love for shoes. These here are some that I constantly get stopped for all the time. They’re made by Guess and from Macy’s (a few years back though). Super comfy, constantly a show stopper and with your Macy’s card, even more on sale!
- Scarves – in Texas it’s a bit too hot to be accessorizing this time of year with scarves, however, it’s one of my Fall staples. Go on Youtube to find some tutorials on how to knot scarves and you’ll be amazed what fun you can do with a piece of fabric!
- Lipstick – I call it an accessory because it really can be. Smiling can be one of life’s greatest accessories. Shine those pearly whites and dawn them with a fabulous bold color too!
So as we roll out our on Wednesday’s we wear pink segments, we’d love to see what ways you incorporate pink (or color) into your wardrobe! Get creative…it’s amazing how far a few pieces can change your look!