Help Now Fund FAQ
The Help Now Fund is a program for breast cancer patients, providing emergency financial assistance. Grants range in values of up to $1,000 based on the availability of funds AND the needs of the applicant.
The Help Now Fund assists with utility bill payments (gas, water, and electricity) and mortgage/rent. Help Now Fund does not assist with telephone bills, transportation costs, or groceries.
To qualify for Help Now Fund the applicant must be in active treatment for breast cancer this includes:
- Have had or will have a mastectomy within 30 days
Note: This does not limit those who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and are not yet seeking or receiving treatment.
Applications are only accepted via online submissions. The application process opens on the 1st of each month and closes on the 5th. To apply visit
The application will request contact information for the applicant as well as for their listed medical professional. The applicant must also provide the following via file upload:
- A copy of a government issued photo identification card
- A copy of a letter confirming treatment or diagnosis from a medical professional *Note: The letter must be on professional letterhead and include the medical professional’s signature
- A copy of a recent utility bill (within 90 days) and/or the first and last page only of the lease/ mortgage agreement
- Completed release forms provided to your doctor’s office and utility or mortgage company and or landlord. You can find the following forms here: [Bill Release Form] and [Medical Release]
If you have applied and are selected for funding you will be notified by phone call no later than the 15th of the month. Applicants will only be notified if they are selected for funding.
Once selected for funding, the applicant will receive a phone call confirming they are awarded the grant from Breast Cancer Charities of America. Breast Cancer Charities of America will then pay directly to the utility company/leasing office/landlord/mortgage holder, by either online payment, phone payment, or via check made out directly to the landlord or company.
The Help Now Fund provides grants to use towards living expenses. Once an applicant has been funded $1,000 in the calendar year, they may not receive funding until the next year.
Applicants who have not been funded are encouraged to submit an application each month as long as they still qualify. Only applicants who have received $1,000 in one calendar year may not re-apply for funding.
The applicant may split funding between multiple utility bills and rent as long as documentation is provided and does not exceed $1,000.
For more information on the Help Now Fund as well as other programs at the Breast Cancer Charities of America you may call (936) 231-8460 or email HelpNow@iGoPink.org.