One of the primary issues we hear about is the financial issues that come along with breast cancer. At BCCA, we are committed to helping as many people as possible through those financial struggles with our Help Now Fund. With your donation, you can help keep alive life’s basic necessities for hundreds who are struggling: rent, overdue electric bills and every day needs. Please, donate now!
What is the Help Now Fund?
The Help Now Fund is a program for breast cancer patients; providing one-time emergency financial assistance for rent and utility bills.
When Can I Apply?
The Help Now Fund program accepts applications monthly from the 1st through the 7th. Applications received after the 7th will not be considered for funding and applications are not held.
How Do I Get the Application?
The Help Now Fund application is available below.
What Do I Need to Do to Apply?
To apply for the Help Now Fund, the patient and Medical Personnel or Social Worker from your treatment facility will need to fill out the application together. For verification purposes, the application must be submitted by medical personnel or social worker. Applications will not be accepted from patients.
**PLEASE NOTE: We receive hundreds of applications every month and all of these are reviewed for funding. However, meeting the qualifications does not guarantee funding at any level as we can only provide aid as funds allow. We appreciate your understanding.
The Help Now Fund is a monthly distribution program with a maximum of $500 per approved applicant. This program is not on a first-come, first served basis. All qualifying applications will be submitted to the committee and considered for aid.
To be considered for funding through The Help Now Fund the applicant must
- Be in active breast cancer treatment
- Provide documentation of past-due rent and/or utility bill
- Have not been funded within the past 12 months
Applying to the Help Now Fund does NOT guarantee funding
- Patient completes section 1 through 4
- Medical Personnel completes section 5 and 6
- Applications are accepted the 1st through the 7th of each month
- Applications sent before or after the application period will NOT be accepted
- Applications MUST be submitted by social worker, doctor or nurse for verification purposes
- We will NOT accept applications from patients
- Copy of bills and or rental agreement must be submitted with application
- Funding is limited to utility and rental fees only
- Utility is defined as a heating, electrical or water bill. Cell phone payments, cable payments, mortgage payments, car payments, insurance or tax bills, medical payments and transportation costs are NOT eligible for funding
Applications can be faxed to 936.231.8462 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications approved for funding:
- Applicant will be notified by phone no later than the 15th of the current month
- Check(s) will be distributed on the 15th of the current month
- Checks will be made payable and mailed directly to the utility or rental company, not to the patients
Contact us at info@TheBreastCancerCharities.org
275 Seventh Ave.
New York, New York 10001
Phone: 800-813-HOPE (4673)
Cancer Care Co Payment Assistance Foundation
275 Seventh Ave. 22th Floor
New York, New York 10001
Phone: 1-866-55-COPAY (26729)
American Cancer Society
250 Williams Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Patient Advocate Foundation
421 Butler Farm Road