How are you planning to spend this year’s tax refund? As you know, there are several ways you can spend your refund: a shopping spree, a new car, an expensive vacation… But before you rush to the mall or book that trip, read how you can instead use your refund to help others, make a difference, and plan to make deductions on next year’s tax return.
Sharing even a portion of your refund with a charitable organization or cause that you are passionate about, such as The Breast Cancer Charities of America, will be helping others who truly need and will be directly impacted by your help.
By donating to The Breast Cancer Charities of America (BCCA) you are helping support women battling breast cancer, supporting program services that focus on Prevention, Research, Education, Survival, and Support, and joining the fight to eliminate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease.
Make a Difference
With your generosity – no matter how big or small – your donation to BCCA is making a difference! But, how exactly does your donation make a difference?
You are impacting the lives of breast cancer patients currently going through treatment and struggling financially to pay their growing pile of bills. The Help Now Fund, one of BCCA’s program services, provides emergency financial assistance for past due rent and utility bills to these women and is funded by people just like you.
Your donation of…
• $30 can pay for the water bill for a woman going through breast cancer
• $50 pays to keep the heat on and house warm during the cold winter months
• $250 pays for an average past-due electric bill
• $500 helps to pay for the rent of a patient going through breast cancer
You are also helping women to be educated, informed and empowered about preventing and surviving breast cancer!
• $15 donation pays for a Feeling Beautiful Again tote and educational information to be sent to a patient going through breast cancer
• $20 pays for the tools for 4 students in our iGoPink Educational Workshop Program
• $1,000 underwrites the quarterly training of our iGoPink Ambassador Program and educational materials
…and much more
• $10 donation can send $1,300 of medical goods/medicines to breast cancer patients through our medical missions program service
• Learn more about how we put your gifts to work through BCCA’s program services: Adult Education, Help Now Fund, Feeling Beautiful Again, University Education, Non-Invasive Breast Cancer Research & Education, Medical Missions, Cards of Hope
Not only are you helping others and making a difference, but did you know your donation is also tax deductible? You are able to deduct charitable contributions of money or property made to qualified organizations, such as BCCA, if you itemize your deductions.
Yes, the Breast Cancer Charities of America is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. A donation to BCCA can be made online at donate.thebreastcancercharities.org/donateigopink
To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep a copy of your receipt of your donation for your records. Once your online donation to BCCA is processed, we will send you an email with your donation receipt.
So… how will you be spending this year’s tax refund?
Donate now to The Breast Cancer Charities of America and you will help support women battling breast cancer, support program services that focus on Prevention, Research, Education, Survival, and Support, and join the fight to eliminate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease. Thank you for your support and generosity!