Celebrate Memorial Day and the start of summer with these 5 healthy habits.
1. Plan Ahead! Make healthy meal plans, grocery lists, and check restaurant menus and nutrition before you arrive at the table. Be sure to download the iGoPink Shopping List
2. Have a Potluck! Bring a homemade
dish so you know all the ingredients in at least one item. Easy Dish Idea: Fruit or veggie kabobs
3. Stay Hydrated! Skip or limit the sugary cocktails and sodas. Instead drink plenty of water and enjoy water-rich fruits and vegetables like watermelon, cucumbers and bell peppers.
4. Eat Before the Party. Don’t show up hungry! Have a healthy snack or fruit about 30 minutes before the gathering to help you avoid overeating.
5. Move around! By just sitting around the food table, you will most likely indulge on more food and sweets. Start up a frisbee game, talk with friends and relatives, and get moving!
Have a happy and healthy Memorial Day weekend!