Just because temperatures are dropping and we are less likely to spend a day at the beach doesn’t mean you need to stop taking care of your skin! Here are 5 tips on how to take care of your skin during the cold winter months:
- Keep Hydrated! Just because it’s not hot out, doesn’t mean you should drink less water. Hydrate your skin from the inside, out by drinking plenty of water and fluids.
- Use a heavier face cream. Winter skin is more fragile, so be sure to choose a smart formula that has natural, nourishing ingredients. Moisturize right after you wash to help seal in dampness and moisture into the skin.
- Don’t forget the sun screen! Winter sun can be just as damaging. Apply a lotion thats 30 SPF or higher to protect your skin from direct or indirect sunlight.
- Exfoliate. Moisture can soak in properly if you have too many dead skin cells. Try a nighttime retinol treatment which acts as an exfoliant and works to remove dead skin. Chemical or laser peels also are beneficial to removing dead skin.
- Eat water based foods. Stay away from salty, processed foods and instead fill up on water packed fruits and vegetables like spinach, alfalfa, lima beans, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and carrots.
Lychelle Jomsky is a member of The Breast Cancer Charities of America’s Advisory Board and a RN, Advanced Injector, and Senior Certified Laser Technician at Seychelles Med & Laser Spa in The Woodlands, Texas. Seychelles Med & Laser Spa’s mission is to provide the most advanced aesthetic and cosmetic procedures in a comfortable and relaxing setting. Seychelles uses the most advanced treatment techniques and equipment to maximize results and to ensure the safety of their clients. To learn more, visit SeychellesMedSpa.com