Learn how to make pizza with a crust made out of cauliflower! A quick and easy recipe that is gluten free and healthy for you.
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA RECIPE
Recipe brought to you by The Breast Cancer Charities of America
1 head cauliflower
1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, drained
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon coconut oil
non-stick cooking spray (coconut oil)
organic marinara sauce
cheese (non-dairy shredded almond cheese)
- Wash and trim leaves from cauliflower. Cut into quarters and remove center stems. Break into small pieces (florets) and place into food processor to grind into tiny pieces that looks like rice. Remove ungrated pieces and grind up cauliflower in batches if necessary. You can also use a cheese grater to break down cauliflower.
- In a large skillet, add coconut oil then turn to medium heat. Once heated, add cauliflower “rice” and stir occasionally. Cook for about 5 minutes or until cauliflower has slightly softened and is tender. Set aside.
- Drain cottage cheese with strainer or cheese cloth to remove excess liquid.
- In the food processor, add egg, cottage cheese, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower and cottage cheese mixture and stir until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees
- Spray baking sheet or pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread mixture evenly into pan into a circle shape and pat/smooth down the edges.
- Bake at 400F for about 25-30 minutes or until “crust” is starting to brown.
- Add toppings. Place back into 400F oven and cook for 5 more minutes – or until lightly browned, crispy, and/or cheese has melted.
- Slice, serve and enjoy immediately
*Note: Pairs well with a glass of Chloe Wine Collection‘s Pinot Noir.
Chloe Wine is a sponsor of BCCA’s Wine Women & Shoes event on September 24, 2015. To learn more about this event, purchase tickets or how you can be a sponsor, please visit WineWomenandShoes.com/Houston
Download the Cauliflower Recipe Card by clicking HERE! Be sure to share this recipe with your friends and family!
Have you joined us for the #iGoPinkChallenge? Download the FREE Health Guide here: http://www.thebreastcancercharities.org/the-igopink-challenge/
Have a favorite recipe? Share it with us on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #iGoPinkChallenge!