Turmeric, the yellow-orange spice, not only is a great addition to your favorite curry, rice or tofu recipes, but also offers many amazing health benefits! Turmeric comes from the Curcuma longa plant, has a peppery, warm and bitter flavor, and a light orange and ginger fragrance.
Here are 16 health benefits of Turmeric:
- Natural Anti-inflammatory
- Can help to prevent many types of cancer and inhibits cancer cell growth
- Helps relieve Rheumatoid arthritis
- Protects and improves liver function
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps lower risk of heart disease
- Protects against Alzheimer’s disease
- Increases anti-oxidant capacity
- Treat symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Anti-diabetic and antioxidant in diabetes
- Wound healing
- Weight Loss
WOW! That’s one incredible spice! Now how do you enjoy Turmeric?
Add turmeric to…
- egg or tofu scrambles
- roasted vegetables
- dressing and sauces
- seasonings and rubs
- and so much more!
Have a favorite recipe or tip of how to use turmeric? Share your advice in the comments below!